Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Navigate the Stock Market analysis remains HOLD as of Monday's close


Not much change in the overall NTMS model.  VIX got worse. Other indicators improved.  The market believes that the Debt ceiling will be raised. While there was increased volatility Monday, we didn’t see a huge breakdown in price.  Apparently, the market does not share my pessimistic (or perhaps I should say defensive?) view regarding the debt ceiling.

Yahoo reported volume 10x higher than normal Monday, but I think that is an error since the NYSE volume was right in line with norms.  Over the past year I have noted several times when the Yahoo volumes were wrong so this is not unprecedented.

NTSM is HOLD today.  Since we had a previous Buy indicator we are holding long. (See the page “How to Use the NTSM System” – the link is on the right side of this page).

I remain 50% invested.  That is my fully invested position for the time being.