Monday, June 27, 2011

Solid upward movement today on the S&P 500

Volume was about 90% of the daily average for the month, so it was decent volume but a little low.  Volume on the NYSE was very low.  I don’t worry too much about low volume after a bottom, though, because it will take a while for investors to join the party.

NTSM is a HOLD today, but I feel good that we bought last week.  I think we go up from here, at least for the time being.  I am very cautious as we look further out; but for now, we look OK.

I was out running errands so I didn’t get a chance to add to the stock portfolio today; perhaps tomorrow, although it is possible we could see a big move up soon. 

Since volume analysis called a Buy 16 June on the Successful test of the prior 1257 correction low, I upped my investment position to 50% invested in stocks overall.