Friday, September 16, 2011

Quick Post for Friday...


I will be busy for the next couple of days so I ran the NTSM model today based on intra-day values.  (S&P 500 = 1212; VIX = 31.45)

NTSM is still HOLD. The VIX indicator (the most accurate NTSM indicator) is calling the shots right now and the VIX indicator is not ready to turn around.

The market wants to go higher.  It will be interesting to see if we can get above 1225 since the S&P has failed attempts to get above that level in August.

I sold on the 27 July sell signal at S&P 500 1301 and I am defensively positioned with only a small amount of my portfolio invested in stocks. (Zero stocks in the 401k.)   I closed out short positions in the trading portfolio. 

I think we are headed lower (at least back to test the 1119 low), but there is no point in taking big losses in the trading portfolio when the market is moving against me.

(See the page “How to Use the NTSM System” – the link is on the right side of this page).