Wednesday, March 25, 2020

OK to Add to Stock Holdings

There are enough green-shoots to add to stock holdings. I’ll try to discuss the indicators later today. I’ve been adding to rebalance the portfolio and bump percentages back to 40% since declines have eroded stock percentages and I may go a bit higher. I bought the Biotech ETF-IBB since it has been the best-of-the-bad in my momentum analysis.
 
I don’t want to get carried away, but adding some to stock holdings now makes sense, especially since I may not be able to call a bottom. I think we’ll have a retest, but there is a lot of uncertainty on the subject and we can make an argument either way.
 
I am leery of buying the worst actors, airlines, cruise companies, etc.  For example, Boeing seems to be a popular buy, but if the Gov’t takes a stake in the company, it will be dilutive to shareholders. Perhaps the analysts know that they’ll still make money, but it’s too risky for me. Boeing will be saved, but we don’t know how.