Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Famous Stock Market Quotes: “What's really going to bake your noodle later on …”


The Navigate the Stock Market BUY call on 6 October is working out so far.  S&P 500 was up another 1% today, Wednesday.

As of today’s close of 1207, the S&P 500 is down -4% this year.  Using the NTSM model, I am up 7.4% so NTMS is beating the market by 11.4%.  If we can do that for just 6 and ½-years NTMS will double the S&P 500 returns on a compounded basis.

Now what really bakes my noodle is the NTMS computer model is actually beating the market by 17% because NTMS had a buy signal on 22 August.  You may remember I ignored it over the concern that NTMS doesn’t always handle quick market turnarounds and I was concerned NTMS wouldn’t give a timely Sell signal. 

NTSM did give a sell signal on 13 September so I gave up 6% by not following the computer guidance.  Well, it was still the right call since I figured, correctly, that the market would return and test the prior low.  No need to take too many risks when staring at a sure thing.  

The S&P 500 is up 7-days in the last 10; and 6-days out of the last 7.  That’s a little more confirmation that S&P made a significant bottom 7-days ago.

Yesterday’s NTMS was HOLD because VIX switched all the way to Sell.  (I wrote it wrong yesterday.)  No matter…

Today, Wednesday, NTSM is BUY because the VIX moved up to Hold.  Still, if VIX would fall faster, I’d feel more comfortable.

I bought back into the stock market at S&P 500 1155 on 7 Oct after the 6 Oct NTSM buy signal.

I am 100% long in the long term portfolio (100% stocks in the 401k.) and 100% long in the trading portfolio.  (See the page “How to Use the NTSM System” – the link is on the right side of this page).