Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Time to Buy…a little

I am upping my percent invested in stocks to 40% today.  I need to place an order in my 401k by noon – that’s the rule.  Only 3-moves are allowed per month and the third move, if used, must be all-out.
 
As of 11 AM today’s Internals look good. I think the S&P 500 will make it back to the prior high of 1848.  From there it’s possible that the S&P 500 could reverse down and if the NTSM system flashes sell, I would be whipsawed out.  I’ll just have to follow the indicators and see.  To be clear, none of the NTSM long-term indicators of Sentiment, Price, Volume and VIX have indicated Buy, but they have all improved since the low on 3 February and are all Hold.  I am making this move on the short-term indicator based on the Market Internals.
 
Bottom line, I sat out much of 2013. I have decided to get back in slowly.