Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wednesday Night: China Manufacturing Slows…China PMI

CHINA’S ECONOMY SLOWS [US FUTURES DROP] (NCBC)
“China's manufacturing activity slowed to a seven-month low in February, a private survey showed on Thursday, once again stirring concerns over the health of the world's second-largest economy.  The flash Markit/HSBC Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) fell to 48.3 from a final reading of 49.5 in January. This is the second straight month the PMI has fallen below 50, which signals contraction.” Story at CNBC at…

I happened to check the futures Wednesday night and I noticed they fell 10 points between 8:40 and 8:45 PM.  The above China story was published on CNBC at 8:50 PM and that just means that traders saw the China press release a few minutes earlier. 

NO BLOG POST ON THURSDAY: I’m too busy to Post my usual analysis Thursday.  I suspect the poor China PMI will be a big drag Thursday and will probably kick the markets back into correction mode.

I’ll post Friday.