Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Buy Signal not evident yet…

I had hoped we might see a clear Buy signal today (Wednesday) and it is still possible, but currently advancing–volume is only 61% (as of 1045 AM).  It would take an 80% or better reading to convince me that it was time to increase stock holdings in a meaningful way. 
 
There is still a Bear market warning signal comprised of a huge down-volume day just 3-days ago.  Without a meaningful reversal, caution is my plan. (I have detailed over-arching, bear-signals several times that set the stage for a cautious stance, most recently on 14 December.)
 
Internals are turning up, so it is always possible to trade the upside with the trading portfolio, but I would move out quickly if the markets turn down. At this point, I am on the sidelines. My trading portfolio is about 10% of the total portfolio and I work hard to limit losses there.