Thursday, June 14, 2012

Oh, it's you Europe!

Short Blog today; it’s a busy one.

MARKET
The S&P 500 finished UP 1% to 1329. VIX fell 11% to 21.7 today, Thursday and that put us back where we were 2-days ago.  

The market keeps bouncing back and forth.  Employment numbers were slightly worse today, but all eyes were on Europe.  Sooner or later the market may start worrying about recession.  Is Hussman right?  I don’t know.  I’m just following the numbers in the NTSM analysis.

NTSM
The NTSM remained HOLD Thursday. 

MY INVESTED POSITION
I reduced my stock holdings to 30% (0% in stock in the 401k) at S&P 1358 after the SELL signal on 9 May 2012. (See the page “How to Use the NTSM System” – the link is on the right side of this page).  I cut my stock position to 15% on 17 May in order to maintain a 10% gain in a trading/longer-term position I had in the QQQ.