Wednesday, September 19, 2012

U.S. stock rally Almost Over – Fund Managers

CNN/MONEY
“The world's top mutual fund managers say the U.S. stock rally is about to come to an end. - More than half, or 58%, of 253 fund managers surveyed by Bank of America Merrill Lynch say stocks are the most overvalued investments in the world. That's up from 51% in an August survey.”

Hmmmm…That might be a bullish indicator!  My sentiment indicator is 54% bullish.  It looks like the Fund Managers are only 42% bullish at best.  I think the negatism gives this rally more legs.

LAWRENCE MCDONALD - "There is a really deadly hedge fund that is becoming a threat to the world, and that hedge fund is the Federal Reserve."  The risk-reward from the latest Fed’s action is “atrocious.”
http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000116448&play=1#

BOB WOODWARD – Bob Woodward has a new book out on the subject of last year's debt negotiations.  He said, “Everyone in this country is in peril because the politicians can’t solve these problems.” 

MARKET RECAP                                                                               
Wednesday the S&P 500 finished UP 0.12% to 1461 (rounded).  VIX fell 2% to 13.88.

VIX has really been falling quite a lot recently.  Perhaps it’s due to VIX expiration today.  I don’t know – I do know I like a falling VIX.  In general it signals a rising S&P 500. 

NTSM
The NTSM analysis remained BUY Wednesday. Price, Volume, and VIX indicators are all positive.  Sentiment is neutral.

Market internals are improving.  Maybe I’ll be able to add some more to my stock portfolio after all.  We’ll see.

MY INVESTED POSITION
Based on the BUY signal, 6 July, I moved back into the market on 9 July (after the weekend) at S&P 500 1352. 

I currently have a 50% stock allocation overall.  For my age, that is what most advisors recommend as a fully invested position, however, I am normally much more aggressive.  I have less invested in stocks now because there’s a lot of risk.