Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Recession, Crashes and Bears…Oh My!

RECESSION:
FROM MISH’S GLOBAL ECONOMIC TREND ANALYSIS
Case for US and Global Recession Right Here, Right Now… I think the entire global economy is in recession and said so on July 6, 2012 in “Plunging New Orders Suggest Global Recession Has Arrived  Read more at...
http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2012/07/case-for-us-recession-and-global.html#GFK8WgxGowlQ2OGt.99

Sometimes there isn't much good news. This seems to be one of those days.

CRASH:
Here is a chart from Kitco that they say predicts crash. They do have a point: A rising wedge pattern isn't encouraging and is frequently followed by declines.
 
 
Chart from

 
BEARS:
Plenty of Bears out there today!
 
MARKET RECAP                                                                               
Wednesday the S&P 500 finished UP 0.2% to 1437 (rounded).  VIX fell 3.7% to 15.80. (That’s Good news for the bulls.)   
 
NTSM
The NTSM analysis remained to HOLD Wednesday. 
At this point, I’m neither a bull nor a bear.  Market internals are flat (directionless)  and the NTSM remains HOLD.  Let’s see what happens next.
 
MY INVESTED POSITION
Based on the BUY signal, 6 July, I moved back into the market on 9 July (after the weekend) at S&P 500 1352. 
I currently have a 50% stock allocation overall.  For my age, that is what most advisors recommend as a fully invested position, however, I am normally much more aggressive.  I have less invested in stocks now because there’s a lot of risk.