Thursday, October 18, 2012

Covering the Basics

It’s a busy day today so I’ll cover the basics.

MARKET RECAP                                                                               
Thursday the S&P 500 was DOWN 1/4% to 1457 (rounded) and VIX was also down 1/4% to 15.03.

NTSM
The NTSM analysis remained HOLD Thursday. 

The Price indicator is buy – up days have been bigger than the down days.  All other indicators are neutral.

MY INVESTED POSITION
Based on the BUY signal, 6 July, I moved back into the market on 9 July (after the weekend) at S&P 500 1352. 

I currently have a 50% stock allocation overall.  For my age, that is what many advisors recommend as a fully invested position, however, I am normally much more aggressive.  I have less invested in stocks now because there’s a lot of risk.