Friday, October 21, 2016

The Obamacare Train-Wreck Continues …

OBAMACARE PREMIUMS UP (MishTalk)
“Obamacare premiums are skyrocketing out of site. A jump of a mere 30% looks like a good deal compared to jumps of over 50% in six states, and 93% in New Mexico… Meanwhile, young and healthy millennials have decided it is ridiculous to overpay for healthcare with $5,000 deductibles to support chronically ill smokers with cancer.” Commentary at…
 
SHORT-TERM TRADING
I sold my 2xDow position Friday morning. My short-term trading hasn’t worked out.  The market appears trendless right now and using indicators that are mostly trend-following is not working since I have been whipsawed regularly. I’ll wait for better confirmation before taking another short-term position. The calm-before-the-storm indicator is also worrisome.
 
My calm-before-the-storm indicator is still in play and a VXX trade may be possible soon. The calm-before-the-storm indicator is exactly what it sounds like; this indicator predicts a significant drop is coming. I am not completely convinced this time though. Perhaps next week will give a clearer picture.
 
I’ll be busy for the remainder of the day so Friday’s Stock Market analysis will be posted Saturday.