Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Quick Post


THE MARKET
The S&P 500 dropped 0.3% Tuesday to 1413, mostly at the end of the day – that’s selling by the so-called “smart money.”  VIX was up 9% to 15.6.

The S&P 500 was 12% above its 200 day moving average yesterday.  That’s up there.  Today it fell to 11.7%.  I’ve suggested that 15% might be the highest it would go, but there is no hard and fast rule.  My guess is that it could go higher, but who knows?  There is a lot of negative news out there.  I am keeping a close eye on the NTSM analysis.    

NTSM
The NTSM analysis remained BUY Tuesday, but most of the indicators fell enough so that it wouldn’t take much to send it back to hold.

MY INVESTED POSITION
I bought back into the stock market at S&P 500, 1155 on 7 Oct after the 6 Oct NTSM buy signal.  I remain 100% long in the long-term portfolio (100% stocks in the 401k.). (See the page “How to Use the NTSM System” – the link is on the right side of this page).